Sunday, November 15, 2009

Essay about my last academic year

In this paragraphs I’m going to talk about my last academic year before my degree. In few words, this year has been very exhausting and stressful, the time ever runs very fast, and seem to always I have a lot of work to do. I think that this year has been so hard beacuase I have had to take eigth subjects in this term and nine in the first term for obtain my degree this year. This situation is the same for all my classmates beacuase we have the misfortune of being harmed for a restructuring proces in the career.


Me and all my classmates are so tired because we are a “transition generation”, then we arrive to the carrer in a middle of a restructuring proces in the Anthropology Department. This process was so slow and disorganized. For this reason we had to take the two last years a lot of subjects that we should take them in the first years of the career. Many of us had eigth or nine subjects, even ten or eleven in the most extreme cases.


In my case I have eight subjects, but I appreciate only three or four because are useful for my porfession. The rest of the subjects I take it only for “fill” the necesary formalities for obtain my degree. Sincerely, I hate some of those because are subjects that do not deliver me anything, and just waste the short time I have. I have a lot of things to do, and only a few interest me really, thus my dear career becomes in a bored and terrible thing.


But the three subjects that interest me are worth. These give to me relevant information about my social reality and the tool for analyze it. If all my subjects would be usefull or interesting my academic year would be more amused and not so boring.


Finally, I can say that this year has been the worst, the most complicated and the most bored of all. I hope anxiously the end of the year for have more time to travel, being with my girlfriend, fun with my friends and sleep. The eigth subjects, and especially the useless, smother me.


1 comment:

  1. Good, javier.

    Nevertheless, there are still some of the same sentence construction and subject-verb agreement problems, word choice and spelling mistakes shown at the beginning of the semester such as,

    "the time ever runs very fast, and seem to always I have a lot of work to do."

    you could have said, "As time usually runs, I always have a lot of things to do."

    "In my case I have eight subjects, but I appreciate only three or four because THEY are useful for my porfession / PROFESSION. The rest of the subjects I take it only for “fill” the necesary formalities for obtain my degree. Sincerely, I hate some of those because are subjects that do not deliver me anything,

    "...I HAVE TAKEN UP THE REST OF THE SUBJECTS BECAUSE IT IS REQUIRED TO GRADUATE. I HATE THEM, THOUGH BECAUSE THEY DON´T RENDER ME ANY BENEFITS"


    There are also essay structure problems. For example, there isn´t a topic statement at the beginning of each body paragraph.

    The evaluation criteria is as follows:

    -Some details of the task are missing or erroneous: 1 point
    -Some problems with word formation and usage. Occasional lapses in coherence that hinders clarity of message. 1.5 points
    -Grammar is weak with noticeable errors: 1 point.

    Final scroe: 3.5 points: Grade: 3.0

    ReplyDelete